Concrete is widely recognised as being the low carbon construction material of choice and its thermal mass properties bring life-long benefits in building structures. Concrete units will ultimately re-absorb the CO2 used to create them, a process called carbonation which accelerates when products are crushed for re-cycling at the end of their life. Precast concrete can dramatically reduce site waste and off-site manufacture will improve the environmental credentials of a project.
Ebor Concretes are a Charter Signatory to the British Precast Concrete Federation Sustainability Charter details of which can be found on our Downloads page or on the following link [add link to BPCF Charter website]. We have been audited against the exacting Sustainability Principles and are committed to the Precast Concrete Industry's drive for sustainable construction.
- Ebor Concretes are working towards ISO14000 and are committed to minimising the environmental impact of all our operations
- Where possible our materials are sourced locally. Moulds are fabricated from timber from sustainable sources and opportunities are exploited for using recycled materials in our products
- We have a policy of reducing energy and water usage and waste is kept to an absolute minimum. Any scrap timber moulds which cannot be burnt in our wood burning boiler for factory heating are sent for recycling
- Our Environmental Policy can be found in the Downloads page
- Ebor Concretes recognise that the Health, Safety and Welfare of all its employees, customers and those affected by its operations is of prime importance and is a priority in all management decisions
- We are signatory to the British Precast Concrete Federation Concrete Targets 2015 scheme committed to reducing Lost Time Injury Frequency Rates and ultimately to an expectation of 'Zero Harm' for all those involved in our industry. We have also signed up to the HSE safety strategy Pledge
- All of our operatives undergo annual occupational health surveillance checks
- Our Health and Safety Policy can be found in the Downloads page
- Ebor Concretes was established in 1942 by the father of the present Chairman to provide employment to local servicemen returning from the war. The Company is still owned by a local family and we maintain our sense of social responsibility to the local labour market and to local residents
- Ebor Concretes operate a fair employment policy and recognise the GMB Union for collective bargaining
- Ebor Concretes has a long-standing reputation for the quality of its products and the service we provide to our customers. We recognise that a sustainable business is only possible by maintaining those high standards
- All of our products are bespoke and manufactured to individual details. Each is therefore checked pre- and post-casting for conformity to the critical attributes detailed on the drawings. Job specific Quality and Inspection and Test Plans are agreed with customers prior to commencement of work.
- Our Quality Policy can be found in the Downloads page